Sri Siva Vishnu Temple (SSVT) is pleased to announce that we will be reopening the temple to devotees and visitors on Monday, July 6, 2020
, and enter Phase 1. We are excited and look forward to welcoming devotees back, under health and safety guidelines established by Prince George’s County and the State of Maryland, as well as self-imposed procedural changes and physical distancing guidelines.
Phase 1 includes the following guidelines and procedures:
- Mandatory Registration: All visitors and devotees will be required to register in advance for a 15-minute visitation time slot. An individual, unique registration for each visitor (including children) will be required in order for us to:
- Maintain occupancy control and
- Assist with contact tracing if the need arises.
Visitation will be for a 15-minute Darshan Only (during Phase 1). The Registration Link will be emailed and posted on our website within the coming days
- Temple Hours: Phase 1 reopening hours will be the following:
(all ages; seniors are allowed w/ an understanding of the risk)
| 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
|| 8:00 PM to 8:30 PM
| 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
|Seniors (60+ Years Old) / At-Risk Devotees Only**
|| 7:00 PM to 7:45 PM
| 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
|** Seniors (60+ years old) / At Risk Devotees Visiting Hours: SSVT strongly encourages senior devotees and those who are at high risk for serious illness (as defined by the CDC ) to refrain from visiting temple during Phase 1, and continue viewing and participating in our virtual services.
Otherwise, we have established Senior / At Risk Devotees Only Visiting Hours as indicated above. Family accompanying senior / at risk devotees will be allowed to visit during this time as well. Registration is required for all individuals visiting the temple.
- All Nithya Pujas will continue to be live streamed online on our Facebook page and YouTube channel. Online Personal Puja services through a temple provided Zoom video conference will continue to be available to devotees as well, outside of the Darshan Timings detailed above
- Car Pujas: In addition to completing a Registration form to visit the temple, Devotees will need to complete a Car Puja Registration form as well. More information will be shared in the coming days.
Akshaya Vata Services including Dahana, Apara Karya Services, and Hiranya Shraddham have resumed, as of June 24, 2020. Devotees and priests are required to follow physical distancing measures, and wear masks at all times.
Personal Puja Services at Home will restart at a later date. More information will be shared once finalized.
Additional information regarding the Phase 1 Reopening (including the Registration link, procedural changes to enter the temple, and other details) will be shared in the coming days over email, our Website and on our Facebook page
|We sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this difficult time. We pray for everyone’s health, safety and welfare. Please adhere to national, state, and local guidelines and exercise caution. We thank you for your continued support and look forward to welcoming you back to Sri Siva Vishnu Temple.